- Beach Erosion
- Concrete Tripping Problems
- Cracks - Ceiling & Wall Cracks
- Cracks - Concrete Slab Cracks
- Cracks - Foundation Cracks
- Foundation Leaks
- Gaps in Windows & Doors
- Garage Column Cracks
- Leaning Chimneys
- Loss of Pool Water
- Pool Deck Problems
- Settling Foundation
- Shifting Foundation
- Sloping Floors
- Sticking Doors & Windows
- Storm Water
- Glossary of Industry Terms
Hurricane Irma Damage Throughout Florida
Just under two weeks ago, Hurricane Irma, one of the most fearfully-anticipated storms of recent, hit Florida. While the storm hit in Florida was the worst in the Florida Keys and Southwest Florida, Irma caused major damage throughout the state, creating a need for hurricane damage repair all over.
Many homes and businesses in Southwest Florida and in the Keys were largely destroyed. Even those that chose not to evacuate but to weather the storm faced serious damage to their homes and properties, including wind damage, structural collapse, and flooding.
In the Tampa Bay and St. Petersburg, FL areas, the hurricane struck as a category 1 storm, knocking down several trees and power lines and flooding streets, homes, and businesses.
In the Miami area, the hurricane damage was not as severe but did leave debris scattered all over the city and also caused some direct damage to commercial and residential structures. The hurricane even noticeably reshaped the Miami Beach shoreline through erosion.
In Jacksonville and the rest of Northeast Florida, the huge storm surge from the hurricane caused many homes and businesses to suffer major flooding, leading to erosion and water damage to many homes and businesses.
Throughout Florida, 60 percent of the population lost power. Although portions of the state have since regained power, many residents are expected to be without power for several more days, possibly even weeks.
This is only a brief summary of the areas that were damaged and the kinds of damage that Hurrican Irma inflicted on the Sunshine State.
Is there Hurricane Damage in Your Home?
If your home was anywhere in the path of the hurricane or the flood waters that accompanied it, you will likely see some sort of damage. You might see structural damage, such as bowing or leaning walls, collapsed structures, damage to the roofing or siding, sloped or uneven floors, or cracks. You may also see signs of sinkhole development caused or accelerated by the hurricane and the rapid flooding. If you live on the coast, your property might have suffered from beach erosion, or your seawall might have suffered damage.
Assess the damage to your home by walking around the exterior and the interior and looking for problems. Be sure to examine the yard as well – hurricane flooding and erosion may have caused a sinkhole to open up.
Foundation Professionals of Florida Solutions for Hurrican Irma
Whatever the damage you see, Foundation Professionals of Florida is here for you. We offer several structural repair solutions for both residential and commercial structures that can help fix hurricane damage to your home or business.
- Seawall Repair: If the hurricane damaged your seawall, you should get it fixed immediately. Damaged seawalls fail to protect your property and structure from the harmful effects of erosion. We offer seawall erosion repair using Targeted Grout Injection (TGI) as well as the installation of helical seawall anchors to pull the wall back into position.
- Sinkhole Remediation: All of the flooding from Hurrican Irma may have resulted in erosion or soil shifting that can cause sinkholes to develop. If you see a sinkhole or a sagging area in your yard or on your property, contact us immediately. We fill sinkholes using various grouting and void filling techniques to stabilize the soil.
- Foundation Repair: If cracks have formed or the foundation of your home or business has started to settle as floodwaters from Irma begin to recede, you should have the structure looked at right away. Foundation problems can cause further issues in your home if left along – luckily, we offer professional underpinning options to lift, stabilize, and restore Florida foundations.
- Structural Repair: Hurricanes and other major storms are known for causing all sorts of structural damage. Here at Foundation Professionals of Florida, we offer repair options from pipe and structure leak repair, to crack repair, to floor and joint protection, to carbon fiber repair. Have us take a look at your property to determine your needs and come up with the best solution.
In addition to the above services, our team offers both interior and exterior waterproofing to protect your home from some of the effects of flooding.
Why Call Foundation Professionals of Florida for Hurricane Damage Repair?
Our team serves the entire state of Florida with various repair solutions for hurricane damage repair. Our multiple locations throughout the state allow us to offer you professional solutions on a personalized basis. Whether you live in Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, Lake City, Miami, Orlando, or the Florida Keys, get in touch with us today.
If your home or business was damaged by Hurrican Irma, we want to do everything that we can to help you return your life to normal. We even offer free quotes and flexible payment options to ensure that you can get the help you need for your home or business. Call us to help fix the damage in your Florida structure.