Massive Seffner, FL Sinkhole Reopens
Following a period of heavy rain in Seffner, Florida, a gigantic 17 by 24 foot sinkhole reopened. Luckily, homes in the area were excavated and the property was fenced off. A woman, walking her dog, heard a loud bang and called 911. Tragically, it was the same sinkhole that swallowed a man sleeping in his bedroom, which brought back heartbreaking memories for his family.
Sinkholes are a natural occurrence that leads to extensive damage to roads and structures. They even destroy water supplies by draining ponds and streams. Nearly 20% of the US will encounter sinkhole activity, including Florida, Tennessee, Kentucky, Texas and the surrounding areas. Don’t be a victim of these tragic events. If you suspect sinkhole activity, get your property inspected by Foundation Pros of FL. Some sinkholes can suddenly open up without warning, but the majority of them develop over time. That’s why it is crucial to look for warning signs, such as:
- Interior joint cracks
- Cracks in windows and doors
- Sinking ground, fence posts or trees
- Slumping and slanting fence posts or trees
- Hard to open and close doors and windows
- Water accumulation in the yard
- Wall and floor cracks
- Muddy or cloudy water pumped from nearby wells that were once clear
- Wilting, circular vegetation due to lack of moisture
- Cracks in exterior brickwork or stucco
- Neighbors with confirmed sinkhole activity
- Open cavity in yard
If you notice any of these signs, contact our experts right away. A rapid sinkhole may collapse suddenly without any warning. Otherwise, the collapse usually occurs over time giving you time to leave the premises.
Sinkhole Repair Solutions for Seffner, Florida
If you need sinkhole repair, we offer compaction grouting and void filling to stabilize your sinkhole. Compaction grouting is designed to strengthen loose soils and close up the cavity. This also helps prevent further settlement and future foundation issues. Other benefits of using compaction grouting include:
- Increases the density of the soil
- Compacts loose and adjacent soils
- Stabilizes underground structures
- Improves soft, collapsible soils
- Prevents settlement
We use sinkhole repair products by Earth Contact Products (ECP), the leading underpinning manufacturer. With over 30 years of experience, our team of experts can stabilize all types of soils in Florida. If you have sinkhole activity, don’t wait until the cavity gets worse. Contact us today to schedule an appointment. We are the sinkhole remediation team for all your sinkhole needs.