- Beach Erosion
- Concrete Tripping Problems
- Cracks - Ceiling & Wall Cracks
- Cracks - Concrete Slab Cracks
- Cracks - Foundation Cracks
- Foundation Leaks
- Gaps in Windows & Doors
- Garage Column Cracks
- Leaning Chimneys
- Loss of Pool Water
- Pool Deck Problems
- Settling Foundation
- Shifting Foundation
- Sloping Floors
- Sticking Doors & Windows
- Storm Water
- Glossary of Industry Terms
Foundation Problems that Jacksonville, FL Homeowners Face
Jacksonville, FL has several months of extremely hot, dry weather and there are months that an afternoon thunderstorm can occur daily. These weather conditions can cause stress on the foundation of your home or business. When the soil beneath your foundation gets wet, it will erode the limestone layer below it and create voids. When the weather is hot and dry, it will cause the soil to heave. This shifting of the soil beneath your foundation will cause the foundation to shift and settle. That is why it is important to look around your Jacksonville, FL home or business and see if you see any of these signs of foundation problems:
- Sloping floors
- Sticking doors and windows
- Floor cracks
- Wall cracks
- Leaning chimney
- Ceiling cracks
- Garage column cracks
If you notice any of these signs of foundation settlement, it is important to call the experts at Foundation Professionals of Florida for a free inspection. We will give your home or business in Jacksonville, FL a thorough inspection and if we find that you are in need of foundation repair in Jacksonville, FL, we will offer you the best solution for your repair needs.
Many factors come into play that can cause foundation problems in Jacksonville, FL and these problems are not uncommon for this area. Some of these factors are:
- Erosion: Soil around your foundation will erode due to the acid in the rain, forming voids and spaces that the foundation will then settle into.
- Soil Shrinkage: During periods of dry weather, the soil will begin to shrink and fall away from your foundation. This creates gaps and spaces that lead to foundation settlement and sinking.
- Poor Soil Compaction: If soil was not properly compacted before the foundation was laid, the soil will settle unevenly causing the foundation to become uneven.
- Soil Shifting: The soil in Jacksonville, Florida is prone to shifting and movement, as well as sinkhole formation, causing the foundation to shift as well.
Foundation Professionals of Florida has several solutions for foundation repair in Jacksonville, FL. Let us take a look and give you the solution you are in need of for your foundation repair.
Foundation Repair Solutions in Jacksonville, FL
The experts at Foundation Professionals of Florida uses underpinning products such as steel push piers and helical piers to get your foundation stable again and bring it back to its original level. These piers are driven deep into the ground through the unstable soil until they reach a solid soil layer.
Steel push piers are end-bearing piers that do not rely upon nor requires skin friction to product support. Each pier is individually installed and load tested using the maximum weight of the structure as the reaction force. After installation and load testing, the entire structure is lifted onto the piers using hydraulic jacks that are place in many locations to uniformly lift the structure.
Helical piers are ideal for applications where there is a need to resist a tension or compressive force or both. These helical piers are similar to a large screw and are screwed into the ground to the stable soil and the weight of the structure is transferred onto these piers. There many advantages to using helical piers such as:
- Ease of installation
- Little to no vibration
- Immediate load transfer upon installation
- Easily load tested to verify capacity
- Installs below active soils
- Can be installed in all weather conditions
- Little to no disturbance to jobsite
We also install helical tieback anchors for bowing or leaning walls. These helical tieback anchors are installed by drilling a small hole into the interior wall and then with small excavation on the exterior, a bar is attached to a plate anchor and the leaning or bowing wall is pulled back to its original level. These helical tieback anchors will also strengthen the wall so that it won’t bow or lean in the future.
All the products we use for foundation repair are the very best in the industry. We use products manufactured by Earth Contact Product (ECP), the leader in foundation repair products in the industry. You are getting the best foundation repair products when you use ECP.
Don’t hesitate to contact us at Foundation Professionals of Florida for an inspection of your Jacksonville, FL home or business. We have over 30 years of experience and built an outstanding reputation in Jacksonville, FL and the surrounding area. Contact us today!