Structural Repair in Florida
Do you have rotten beams, foundation cracks, water leaks and other foundation issues in your Florida home? These issues often lead to structural defects. One of the most common structural problem is wall rotation caused by expansive soils in the Florida area. Because of Florida's geological history, the surface soils that support structures consist of clay and loose sands. Areas of the home may settle and crack due to washed out footings. Over time, excess moisture can promote mold growth on wood, drywall and other surfaces. Regardless of what is causing your structural issues, they must be addressed before the problem gets worse. Let Foundation Pros of FL come to your rescue. We use the latest underpinning methods to stabilize, straighten and support walls.
Since most structural damage can go undetected for years, the best indicator is the roof. Check to see if the ridge is straight. If it sags, the load bearing walls may have shifted. Are the shingles missing? Are there loose nails? These issues may lead to water seepage, causing structural separation. Also, inspect the walls to see if they are vertical and straight.
Structural issues in the home may include:
- Sagging ceilings
- Sloping floors
- Walls bowing inward or outward
- Crack window panes
- Chimney separating from wall
- Wet insulation
- Loose knee braces
- Hard to open and close doors and windows
- Damaged electrical circuits or gas lines
Check to see if the structure meets with its foundation. If you notice any of these issues, contact our professionals right away. Structural repairs are not a DIY project because they require certain permits, warranties and expertise.
Structural Engineers in Florida
Our team of experienced structural engineers can inspect your foundation and recommend the best repair method for your structure. They are certified and licensed professionals that provide the following services:
- A complete, thorough inspection of the exterior and interior of your home to look for foundation issues
- Foundation elevation survey with measurements
- A drawing of the home floor plan with site information
- Written report with a recommended repair agenda
- Crawl space inspection
To repair your foundation, we offer the following underpinning methods: steel piers, helical piers, wall anchors, helical tieback anchors, helical seawall anchors, crawl space repair, and commercial stabilization.
If your home needs repairs, we use underpinning methods to strengthen and stabilize foundations which have been weakened by a variety of factors. A few reasons you should consider underpinning include:
- Strengthens weak foundations caused by decaying wooden piles under the foundation
- Allow homes and buildings to withstand pressure to prevent foundation movement
- Strengthen structures caused by changes in the soil properties
- Usage of the structure has changed
If you need structural repair in Florida, contact Foundation Professionals of Florida. We have the latest underpinning solutions to stabilize your foundation for many years to come.