Micropile installation process
- The casing is advanced to bearing stratum or rock
- Drill rod is removed, leaving steel casing in place
- Centralized reinforcement bar is lowered into the casing
- Cementitious grout is pumped under pressure into the casing
- The casing is partially retracted allowing the grout to bond to soil or rock
- Top of the pile is cut and capped
- Pile is load tested
Foundation Professionals of Florida has a fleet of low-headroom micropile rigs that can fit through a typical interior door, allowing us to work in very tight spaces. We service 9 states including Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia as well as the Virgin Islands and the Florida Keys.
We welcome the opportunity to bid on your next project requiring micropiles. Contact us today to learn more.